Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Yield: 2 large round pizzas or 6 individual pizzas
Sauce: 1 ½ cups Pizza Sauce and ¼ cup Hot Sauce
¼ cup Hot Sauce
2-3 chicken breasts, seasoned with salt & pepper, grilled or poached, cubed
½ c sliced red onions, optional
½ c Shredded Cheddar
1 ½ c Shredded Mozzarella
Blue Cheese dressing (after baking) or crumbled Blue Cheese (grates easier if frozen)
1 recipe pizza dough
1. Combine the Pizza sauce with the hot sauce, set aside.
2. Coat the cubed chicken with the Hot Sauce. This can even be done the day before and set this aside.
3. Divide the dough in half. Make two large rounds from the dough, approximately 12”.
4. Spread half of the combined sauce onto the pizza round. Sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese around the outer edge of the sauce. Spread the cubed chicken over the sauce. Place half of the shredded mozzarella over the chicken. Top with half of the sliced red onions. Repeat with remaining dough.
5. Place in preheated 450F Oven for 10-12 minutes. When the pie comes out of the oven and the cheese has cooled, slice the pizza and drizzle it with Blue Cheese dressing. The blue cheese offsets the hot sauce and gives the pizza a balanced taste. The Blue Cheese dressing or crumbled Blue cheese is optional, if using the blue cheese, it may be added to the pizza in the last couple minutes of baking.
PIZZA DOUGH - Yield: 6 individual pizzas
1 cup warm water (105-118F.)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 package dry active yeast
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 ¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
For dough – measure water in a glass measuring cup. Sprinkle yeast over the warm water. Sprinkle sugar over the yeast. Let mixture stand (proof) for 5 minutes – it will become foamy.
Place flour and salt in work bowl of food processor. Pulse a few times to combine.
Add the olive oil to the yeast mixture. While machine is running, pour the yeast mixture down the feed tube. Stop when a ball of dough is formed. Add a little extra flour if the dough is too sticky, but do not make it too dry.
Remove ball and knead on floured work surface for 5-8 minutes. Place in warmed bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise about 1 hour.