with Fresh Corn, Brandy & Chives
2- 8oz. lobster tails
3 + cups lobster stock (or light chicken stock), heated
2 Tablespoons butter + 2 T. olive oil
2-3 Tablespoons minced shallots
¼ cup minced carrots, optional
1 cup Arborio rice
2 Tablespoon brandy
½ cup dry white wine
2 ears fresh corn, shucked, kernels removed
¼ cup heavy cream, optional
1-2 Tablespoons minced chives
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steam lobster tails for 8-9 minutes, depending upon size. Cool, remove meat and chop into bite-size chunks.
- Heat butter and olive oil in medium saucepan. Sauté shallots, (and optional carrots), for approximately 2 minutes, do not let brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add rice, stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add brandy, reduce heat to medium low. Season with more salt and pepper, especially important if the broth is homemade and/or unsalted. Simmer until brandy is absorbed, stirring constantly. Add wine and continue cooking until almost all absorbed.
- Start adding the hot stock, ladle full at a time. Stir often, and add more liquid as the rice absorbed it. Continue adding hot stock, until rice is just tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the lobster and corn kernels just before the rice is toothsome.
- Reduce heat to low and add the cream. Taste for seasoning.
- Fold in fresh chives.
(1 Tablespoon truffle oil is a nice addition if available.)